OPEN ENROLLMENT: APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BETWEEN 9:30AM-2:30PM FROM AUGUST 14 THROUGH AUGUST 18, 2023.
Habitat for Humanity of Glynn County Homeownership Eligibility Requirements
Our goal at Habitat is to provide a safe, decent and affordable place for everyone to live. That is where our Homeowner Program comes in! This program provides a way for a qualified Habitat homeowner to purchase a Habitat home at a 0% interest rate.
To be eligible for a Habitat for Humanity of Glynn County house, you must meet the following:
- Your income must fall between 30% and 80% of the area median income for Glynn County as set forth by HUD and Debt-to-income ratio may not exceed 43%.
- Must be a legal resident or permanent citizen of the United States.
- Must live or work in Glynn County at the time of application submission for at least twelve (12) months.
- Must demonstrate a need for adequate, decent housing.
- Must demonstrate fiscal readiness by having steady, documented income.
- Must be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity of Glynn County by participating in a home site visit, completing sweat equity hours, and completing homebuyer education courses.
Habitat for Humanity of Glynn County will not base your credibility on credit score alone to determine if you qualify for the Home Purchase Program.
Habitat for Humanity of Glynn County will use overall payment history.
Habitat for Humanity of Glynn requires all accounts and monthly bills to be current.
Any bankruptcy must have been discharged for at least three years.
Habitat for Humanity of Glynn County will use 1% student loans balance toward debt balance.
Habitat for Humanity of Glynn County will review a Tri-Merge Credit Report (i.e., a credit report that includes Equifax, Experian, and Transunion) and will evaluate your payment history on all debts on your credit report, even if the debts have no outstanding balance.
A nonrefundable $30.00 application fee is required with application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Habitat for Humanity of Glynn County Applications are to be completed and submitted during “open enrollment” period. Paper applications can be downloaded on our website or picked up from the office or ReStore.
Applications with supporting documents must be submitted in person to the Habitat for Humanity of Glynn County Administrative Office at 1919 Glynn Avenue Unit 11 Brunswick, GA 31520. Please schedule an appointment to submit your supporting documents (912) 265-7455 ext. 113.
- Supporting documentation to be turned in with your completed Habitat Application, for both the applicant and co-applicant:
- Copies of last three (3) months pay stubs for each applicant (also for anyone eighteen (18) or older earning income, who will live in the home).
- Copies of the last (2) two months bank statements of each applicant
- Copies of the last (2) years of completed and signed tax returns & W2's of each applicant
- Copies of last twelve (12) months utility bills, such as Georgia Power or Brunswick Joint Water and Sewer water bills
- Copies of a driver's license or state identification card for each applicant
- Copies of social security cards for each family member/resident
- Copies of Divorce Decree/Separation papers (if applicable)
- Verification of SSI/Disability for all applicable household members
- Court Ordered Child Support or Alimony Income (if applicable)
- VETERANS: Copies of DD-214 FORM (DISCHARGE DOCUMENT)
PARTNER FAMILIES MUST COMPLETE PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Sweat Equity
All prospective homeowners are required to complete 200 per adult in the household for sweat equity hours before closing.
2. Escrow Payment
Partner Families are required to pay $2,500.00 to an escrow account prior to closing.
These funds can be saved in small monthly installments while in the program.
3. Homeowner Education
Partner families must complete financial and homeowner education courses.
All applications must be completed and submitted to the Habitat for Humanity offices at 1919 Glynn Ave, Unit 11, from 9:30am-2:30pm beginning August 14 - August 18. Applications will not be accepted after 2:30pm on August 18. If you have any questions, please contact Tashawnta Wells-Abel at (912) 265-7455. Thank you.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.