We currently have two positions available. We are seeking a ReStore Associate/Cashier and a ReStore Donations Scheduler. Please see descriptions below.
ReStore Cashier (RC)
Habitat for Humanity of Glynn County GA (HFHGC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of families - eliminating substandard, over-crowded and unsafe housing by building and selling safe, decent affordable homes to these families. HFHGC also operates the ReStore, which is a unique retail environment that sells new and used donated building supplies, home improvement merchandise, lighting, appliances, furniture and much more to the public.
The individual filling the RC position should be organized, efficient, flexible, energetic, quick thinking and personable.
- Conduct financial transactions with ReStore Customers
- Maintains highest level of accuracy in cash handling during transactions.
- Greets all customers and provides assistance as needed.
- Completes sold tickets for sales.
- Maintains awareness of pricing of merchandise and directs inquiries appropriately.
- Operates cash register with accuracy and does not leave cash register unattended.
- Packages sold merchandise.
- Keeps front store and cashier area clean and tidy.
- Prices, organizes and displays merchandise as directed.
- Calls for assistance to help customers out the door with purchases (if needed).
- Practices good use of store policies and volunteer guidelines including safety, security and anti‐theft procedures.
- Answers basic questions about Habitat for Humanity and HFHGC
- Provides tax‐receipt form to donors as needed.
- When needed backup to Receptionist for the Administrative Offices and the ReStore.
- Cordially answer incoming telephone calls.
- Route the call to the proper staff.
- Other Activities
- Other duties as assigned and able.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outgoing and confident personality
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Quick thinking in basic money transactions
- Basic computer skills required
- Willingness to work independently and follow instructions Has proven experience working in a team environment. Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Understanding and support of the mission and work of Habitat for Humanity
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Background check is required.
- Initiative represented by “a sense of urgency” energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
- Adaptability . . . a quick, sound and positive decision maker in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- Education: HS diploma with preferred Associates Degree or higher
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a part-time hourly position at 20-30 hours per week.
- Compensation based on experience.
- Some Saturday work is required.
Reports to: HFHGC ReStore Manager (Direct)
Receptionist and ReStore Donations Scheduler (RDS)
Habitat for Humanity of Glynn County GA (HFHGC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of families by seeking to eliminate substandard, over-crowded and unsafe housing by building and selling safe, decent affordable homes to these families. HFHGC also operates the ReStore, which is a unique retail environment that sells new and used donated building supplies, home improvement merchandise, lighting, appliances, furniture and much more to the public.
The individual filling the RDS position should be organized, efficient, flexible, energetic, quick thinking and personable.
1. Scheduling “pick up” donations for the ReStore
o Working directly with the donors and ReStore Truck staff efficiently coordinating the donation pick-ups requested by the donor through telephone calls, on-line entries and in person.
o Ensure that the donation receipts are prepared properly for the Truck Staff and recorded properly when returned.
o Prepare the most efficient daily route for the Truck.
o All communications regarding ReStore Donations whether successfully executed or not.
o Document on the shared calendar information concerning all scheduled pick-ups.
o Work closely with the ReStore Manager and other ReStore staff.
2. Receptionist for the Administrative Offices and the ReStore.
o Cordially answer incoming telephone calls.
o Route the call to the proper staff.
o For requested pick-up donations – see item 1.
o Cordially greet visitors to the Administrative area.
o Work closely with Administrative Manager and Administrative staff.
3. Support ReStore Volunteer activities
o Key Coordinator of volunteer activities in the ReStore.
o Liaison between ReStore Volunteers and ReStore Staff.
o Provide information concerning ReStore volunteer opportunities to potential volunteers.
o Set up volunteer data in Charity Proud.
o Present introductory information to first time volunteers.
o Organize group volunteer days.
o Track ReStore volunteer hours.
4. Support other Administrative operations
o Data Entry into Charity Proud
o Support organizing files
5. Support Social Media activities
o Send out eNewsletters
o Post information on Social Media Sites
• Excellent customer service skills both in person and on the phone. Exudes a gracious and welcoming manner when greeting individuals.
• Great organizational skills with demonstrated leadership ability.
• Ability to manage mapping and follow up logistics associated with scheduling drivers and responding to donors in a timely fashion.
• Proficient computer skills including working with Microsoft Office and proficient in use of social media.
• Willingness to work independently and follow instructions within in a team environment. Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Understand and support of the mission and work of Habitat for Humanity.
• Background check is required.
• Initiative represented by a sense of urgency energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
• Adaptable. A quick, sound and positive decision maker in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
Education: Associates Degree or higher, or 2 years relevant experience
Compensation and Benefits:
• This is a part-time hourly position.
• Compensation based on experience.
Reports to: HFHGC ReStore Manager (Direct)
HFHGC Administrative Manager (Indirect)
Interested candidates please send resume to email@example.com or visit our store at 1919 Glynn Avenue, Units 9 & 10, to fill out an application.
HFHGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
. . . receives donations of new and and re-usable home furnishings, home improvement and construction items to sell at a discount to the public. Proceeds from ReStore sales will enable Habitat to build more safe, decent and affordable houses in Glynn County. Donations will be acknowledged for tax deduction purposes.
The ReStore receives and sells clean, working appliances, electronics, furniture, house wares, paint, electrical fixtures, plumbing fixtures, hardware, doors, windows, shingles, floor tile, carpet, and vinyl siding. Call Habitat at 265-7455 or email ReStore@habitatglynncounty.org to schedule an appointment for pickup.
Habitat’s ReStore and administrative offices occupies Unit 9 & 10 in Lanier Plaza, 1919 Glynn Avenue, Brunswick, GA 31520.
The ReStore provides other-than-construction volunteer opportunities to work with Habitat for Humanity. Volunteers will assist customers, receive donations and prepare merchandise for sale. Interested persons should call Habitat at (912) 265-7455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss volunteer opportunities.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED AT RESTORE
- BROKEN/UNFRAMED MIRRORS OR GLASS
- SLIDING GLASS DOORS
- USED SHOWER DOORS
- CARPETS THAT ARE DIRTY
- LUMBER SMALLER THAN FOUR FOOT LENGTHS
- PAINT that is opened or oil based
- CHEMICALS or PESTICIDES
- HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
- UNMARKED CONTAINERS
- INCOMPLETE CABINETS – must have doors and/or drawers – no rot, cracks or separating
- COUNTERTOPS WITH CUTOUTS
- FLORESCENT LIGHT FIXTURES
- APPLIANCES in disrepair or of significant age
- Anything broken
- WINDOWS unless they are complete units with sashes
- TOILETS that are taken apart or do not have all of the parts
- ANY NON-WORKING OR DIRTY ITEMS
THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF MATERIALS THAT WILL OR WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY THE RESTORE.