About the Habitat ReStore:
The ReStore is Habitat for Humanity of Glynn County's year-round fundraiser. We accept donations of new or gently used home furnishings, home décor, appliances, home improvement and construction materials to sell at a discount to the public . Proceeds from the ReStore support Habitat's homeownership program and our mission to create self-reliance, stability and strength through shelter. Together, we build safe, decent and affordable homes in Glynn County. Habitat for Humanity of Glynn County is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Donations will be acknowledged for tax deduction purposes.
Your donation is important and appreciated! Please refer to the detailed list below before making a donation or submitting a request for a pick-up. We reserve the right to refuse any item, and we are not responsible for disposing of any items that are not accepted.
To request a pick-up CLICK HERE. You may also call 912-265-7455 x 251 or email Scheduler@habitatglynncounty.org to schedule an appointment for pick-up.
The Habitat for Humanity of Glynn County's ReStore is located in Lanier Plaza at 1919 Glynn Ave, Units 9 & 10, Brunswick, GA 31520.
Want to serve your community with us? The Habitat ReStore offers volunteer opportunities such as processing, sorting, cleaning and organizing merchandise. To learn more, please call (912) 265-7455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss volunteer opportunities.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
WE GLADLY ACCEPT THESE ITEMS, Thank you!
All items must be in good, sellable condition. The ReStore reserves the right to refuse any item that is unsafe, broken, unclean or clearly not useable.
Must have all parts and be in perfect working condition
- Washers/dryers (electric or gas)
- Microwave ovens
- Stoves (electric or gas)
- Other small appliances
CABINETS & COUNTER TOPS
We accept both kitchen and bathroom cabinets in sets or individual pieces. Must have no structural or water damage. All must be complete containing all doors and drawers.
- Doors must be in excellent condition, with no rotted wood, broken glass, or peeling paint.
- Pre-hung or slabs
- Exterior or interior
- Exterior sliding or patio doors (must be assembled and complete with all jambs, tracks, and hardware).
- Storm doors (must have all tracking)
Windows must be complete units with all sashes and frames. No rotted wood, cracked, or damaged glass. With the exception of some very large windows, all donated windows should be have the sashes installed in the frames.
- Lighting must be complete, in working order and in excellent condition.
- Indoor lighting
- Outdoor lighting
- We no longer accept used ceiling fans
- Plumbing items must be in excellent condition with no chips, cracks, rust or water damage
- Stainless steel and porcelain kitchen sinks
- Pedestal and drop-in bathroom sinks
- Complete faucets [must be brand new, in package]
- Miscellaneous plumbing hardware
- Toilets with no missing parts
- We do not accept upholstered furniture with stains, smoke or pet damage
- Wood furniture
- Desks (Not larger than 5 ft.)
- Chairs and Stools
- Tables of all sizes
- Dining room sets
- Bedroom sets (Furniture only, No Mattresses or Linens)
- Coffee tables
- Patio or outdoor furniture
- Bed frames (frames, headboards, and footboards accepted)
- Stained and leaded glass windows, etc.
- Carpet remnants must be 10ft x 10ft or larger, and in excellent condition with no visible wear, tear, stains or animal smells.
- Area rugs must be free from visible wear, tear, stains or animal smells.
- Carpet padding must be 10 ft x 10 ft or larger with no visible stains or animal smells.
- Hardwood flooring must have no splitting or cracking
- Vinyl and ceramic tile must be in excellent condition, no chipped or broken pieces accepted.
Complete sets of door hardware, hinges, etc. Any quantity of nails, screws, fasteners, hangers, connectors, etc. Please put similar items in baggies or clear plastic containers and label them.
- All lumber must be free of ALL nails and screws
- All lumber must be a minimum of 4 feet in length, with no warping.
- Sheet goods (particle board, paneling, plywood) must be at least half sheets with no damage
- Trim and molding must be a minimum of 4 feet in length.
- Framed art work, decorative pottery, and vases
- Dish sets and tea pots
- Cookware and Kitchen appliances
- Decorative and serving trays
TOOLS & GARDEN ITEMS
- Hand tools and working motorized tools
- Gardening items in working condition
- Planters and Decorative or Clay Pots
- Antique items, Vintage Collectables
- Free standing wood stoves
- Window AC units
- Bicycles in good working condition
- Kayaks, Paddle Boards
- Hand and power tools (in good working condition)
- Pallets of brick or glass block
- Stone pavers
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED BY THE RESTORE
Although we greatly appreciate everyone who wants to donate to the ReStore, we are unable to accept some items because of safety concerns or low turnover. When we accept items that we cannot sell, we incur high dumpster fees, which reduces the funding available to support our mission.
We DO NOT accept:
- LINENS (sheets, pillowcases, comforters, shams, tablecloths, towels)
- USED MATTRESSES
- PRINTERS, COMPUTERS
- BOX/TUBE TVs (rear projection)
- USED or OPENED BOARDGAMES/PUZZLES
- METAL FILE CABINETS
- OFFICE DESKS LARGER THAN 5 FEET
- BROKEN/UNFRAMED MIRRORS OR GLASS
- SLIDING GLASS DOORS
- USED SHOWER DOORS
- LUMBER SMALLER THAN FOUR FOOT LENGTH
- PAINT that is opened or oil based
- CHEMICALS or PESTICIDES
- HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
- UNMARKED CONTAINERS
- INCOMPLETE CABINETS – must have doors and/or drawers – no rot, cracks or separating
- Any items with water damage
- Upholstered items with rips, stains, tears, and/or smoke or pet odors
- Anything that doesn't work/needs a replacement part
- Baby furniture or baby-related items
- Canned and track lights
- Exercise equipment/machines older than 5 years (e.g. NordicTracks, exercise bicycles)
- Fluorescent lights
- Used Water heaters
- Dishwashers older than 2016
- Ceiling Fans
- Toilets with missing parts
- Partial rolls of wallpaper
- Soiled or Dirty Rugs
- Used candles
- Personalized Plaques
- ANY NON-WORKING OR DIRTY ITEMS